Jello Shot Christmas tree.
|—||Anaïs Nin (via thatkindofwoman)|
Haha! Right! It was so silly, but The whole evening made me feel like a kid again. Young, invincible, staring in Stand By Me or the Sandlot. I don’t know. But, yeah. Norma Jean. And thanks for asking good questions!
33. When I’m sad I tend to isolate myself. I’ll write a song about it, go for a drive on the parkway, bring a book or my knitting to a bar. Ya know, just Charles Bukowski my way through it.
2. My first kiss happened in a Home Depot parking lot. It was very romantic. Haha. He held my hand and asked me what I was thinking about. I (because I am too sassy for my own good) told him if he was going to do it, he better just do it. He did. It was sloppy and wonderful and with someone I cared for very much.
9. I love the tanline I have from my watch, and I have a favorite freckle below my pinky. And another that’s high up on my stomach. And, when it’s cold, you can see a faint checkmark scar on the inside of my right arm that I got from an iron. Haha.
Dalton: “The Daylight Here” - My Terrible Friend; “White Noise” - Lauren O’Connell
Ricky: “Glamazon” - RuPaul; “Team” - Lorde
Anne Marie: “Wild Horses” - The Rolling Stones; “Wake Up” - Arcade Fire
Heather: “Crazy” - Patsy Cline; “Girl on Fire” - Alicia Keys
Daniel: “Going to Georgia” - the Mountain Goats; “Missed the Boat” - Modest Mouse
Sara: “Whole Wide World” - Wreckless Eric; “Wonderful World” - Sam Cooke
Lou: “Welfare Music” - The Bottle Rockets; “Wayfaring Stranger” - Jack White
Ashley: “Will You Return?” - The Avett Brothers; “Tonight, Tonight” - The Smashing Pumpkins
Neat O! DALTON I MISS YOU!
8. Right now I am most proud of a blanket I’m almost finished making. It’s the only thing I’ve made that’s bigger than I am.
15. Is it cheesy to pick a recent memory for this one? Probably. One night in WA, Daniel and I were exploring this conference center in the dark and we were throwing rocks onto an ice river, trying to break it, but it was too steady, so we climbed out onto a floating dock and flailed until the ice sizzled and broke and it was magic. Then we went back to our cabin, pushed three twin beds together, put on Norma Jean, and wrestled. (Not a euphemism. We actually wrestled. It was the best.)
22. My worst fear is losing Mama Trim without hearing all of her stories.
38. Shit son! This will have to be a separate post. I could talk for dayssss.
39. I wish I would have known my bangs looked silly in middle school. That cocaine dealers and forties are not to be used as emotional band-aids. That I deserve good things. That it isn’t about me.
- Christmas Party Season is upon us and I have so much red and green plaid to wear that it makes me want to vomit.
- My car passed inspection when it honestly should not have. Mighty thankful for the few kind mechanics that do, in fact, exist.
- Just got a house sitting offer for the sandwich of time between Christmas and New Year’s. Extra cash? SURE! House party? WHY NOT!?
- Terribly missed friends are making the pilgrimage home! Morgan arrives back in the mountains tomorrow, if not today! Daniel will be home Friday! And Anne Marie should be arriving sometime in between!
- In just two more tiny weeks, I will be living under the same roof as Banjo! SO excited to finally be around her sweet, goofy self 24/7.
In case you’re curious about my day job, I’m ‘bout to send this photo to our entire email list. See also: My desk at Lake Logan is p. cute right now.